Recent Announcements and Events:
1. We received a $3000 grant from the Baltimore Community Foundation for a Garden Kitchen Cooking Series to be held over several weeks in August and September
2. The grant will also make it possible for us to build a Cobb Oven in the garden. This will be done in a weekend workshop, led by garden supporter Aliza, in mid October…followed the next week by a Harvest Festival (with garden pumpkins!)
3. Those pumpkins were planted last week by a summer camp group of 4-6 year olds from St. Michael’s next door. A group of 7-10 year-olds helped us harvest some kale and collards for parents and teachers. Finally, a rugged group of 11-13 year olds helped us weed our herb ring, getting it ready for our “herbal” gardener, Ebony, to plant it in coming weeks.
4. Also look for a bi-weekly Tea and Juice Event led by The Grindhouse Juice Bar on St. Paul/25th St. and the Bohemian Coffee House on Charles St. and North. This will be followed by either an outdoor film or a music performance.
5. We will be holding weekly Coop meetings on Tuesday at 6 pm. If you are interested in becoming a Coop or Garden member, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us through our Facebook page or right here!
6. We will still be holding our weekly SUNDAY EVE COMMUNITY FREE BBQs as we have all summer long. Don’t bother to cook, just come on out and enjoy free hotdogs, drinks, grilled veggies and prepared dishes. Bring a dish, drink, chips, or paper product if you’d like, but it is not required to come…just bring yourself and join the community.
7.We have recently planted about 6 tress in the garden: pear, peach, fig…and even a white grape vine.
8. More to come….